From:
Kate McEwen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jun 2009 06:24:05 +0100
Actually I have not subscribed to low fat dieting (in fact dieting of any
type) for a long time.  Maybe that's why I am overweight! :)

I have long held that one's own body is the best guide to what is right for
it and what is not but I am finding the discussions on this site very
interesting.

As far as I am concerned the low fat-high carb diets, which are, in my
opinion by far the most difficult regimes to stick to (but advocated by many
health care professionals over the last 40 years) are to blame for the
obesity and diabetes crises.  That said, I recognise that there are other
factors involved.

I have had mild joint pain in my hips on and off for a while now, but
yesterdays sudden worsening (I could hardly walk) was a bit of a shock to
the system.