Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 2008 13:12:14 -0700
I do have to qualify that statement as I don't know for sure.  It's just that I've seen his name associated with animal rights groups and meetings promoting veganism.  It really does appear to be more of a marketing strategy than perhaps an ingrained philosophy with him.
BTW - will look for this to post the link -- but a couple of years ago I found on an article on a vegetarian (not vegan) website that discussed vitamin B12 and the inability to get it from non-animal foods.  For a while, the vegans were promoting algae as a source, but I think the bioavailability of that B12 was highly suspect.
Can you imagine paleo man sucking down algae rather than exerting the energy to hunt or gather eggs? lol
I'm so happy there is meat for me down at the supermarket!
I'll try to find the article.  It was really quite humorous.
gale