From:
Juergen Botz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2007 11:46:01 -0300
Kristina K. Carlton wrote:
> I find it amazing that you only eat two meals a day. If I eat a meal of 4
> oz. of protein, veggies, and fat I find myself hungry an hour later. It
> takes A LOT of food for me to be satisfied yet I am maintaining my weight at
> what I am eating. Every day is a struggle as far as being hungry is
> concerned.

Kristina, despite paleo diet (how long have you been practicing this?),
you may be hypoglycemic.  If so, then you may be able to alleviate your
food cravings by taking about 1000 mg of L-glutamine between meals, 3
times per day, or 500 mg sublingually (open a capsule under your
tongue and let dissolve) as a "quick fix".  This is from Julie Ross's
book "The Diet Cure".  It may not be paleo, but it should be a temporary
measure.  After a sufficient time of practicing paleo diet hypoglycemia
will fade away, but depending on your specific metabolic issues it can
take a while.

:j