Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 20 Dec 2007 07:22:59 -0800
8bit
From:
Thomas Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Well, we have the very same purposes.  One of our children needs a replacement laptop with a particular focus on computer gaming.  His current computer is an IBM ThinkPad originally configured to maximize the dedicated video memory and has been satisfactory, particularly when compared to the contemparies with shared system memory and the Intel graphics set.

  We do need to retain some portability, so screen sizes in excess of 15" just cannot qualify.

  From chatting with the child, it comes to our attention that the Appel OS computers have great graphics hardware, but virtually no popular game designers support Apple.

  From there, has any member of the list some suggestions for a replacement?

  Tommy Holmesm Jr.

Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Dollie wrote:
>Does anyone have any recommendations of a good "right-out-of-the-box" setup>>

Depends entirely on what she wants to do with it. Gaming computers, video,
watching HD movies, etc all have entirely different requirements.

Even the choice of operating systems is highly significant. Vista in all
its glory requires about double the processing and memory power than XP, so
that bumps up the price.

It would help if you indicated what sort of budget she has. Laptops have
severe limitations compared with desktops.
But, of course, they also have some obvious advantages.

"Good" is in the eye of the beholder.

Don Penlington

From the Beach at Surfers Paradise in sunny Queensland.
Computer tutorials, local scenery, and other things at my website:
http://users.tpg.com.au/deepend/index1.html

Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
http://freepctech.com

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: