Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2006 22:15:17 -0800
8bit
From:
Mermaid Rose <[log in to unmask]>
first site i found, there are many to choose from. http://www.larkfarm.com/AP/breastfeeding_and_anemia.htm

  INFACT Canada offers more support for breastfeeding as not being a cause of anemia. "Elsewhere Greene-Finestone and Feldman randomly selected 320 mothers from the discharge records of four Ottawa hospitals. Breastfeeding (not defined to be exclusive) was initiated by 76 per cent. The iron deficiency prevalency was 18.7 per cent for those who never breastfed, 14.4 per cent for those who breastfed for less than 6 months and 10.7 per cent for those who breastfed for six months or more."

  This could be a reason formulas are iron fortified
  I also believe that alot of the data that is used now as to what is normal was established during an era of rare breastfeeding (last 2 generations).  No doubt it will change as we understand how perfect breastfeeding is.

  Love & Peace
  Lillian

"Dr. Ron Hoggan" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

There are a number of reasons to supplement iron in newborns. (Any formulas
I've seen always included iron supplements.)