From:
ryan blokzyl <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ryan blokzyl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jul 2007 19:24:18 -0500

Hello-

Thank you all for your responses.

I called Fritolay a few times  and 2 times the rep said  stax  were not made
on dedicated gluten free machines and the other 2 times they said they
were.  But one list serv member mentioned a quote on the bottom of the
website:

Here's what their website says:
Our LAY'S(r) STAX(r) chips (all flavors) are made on gluten free lines, thus all
LAY'S(r) STAX(r) products are free of gluten.

*The above products (Cheetos, Tostitos, Lay's potato chips, etc.) do not
contain gluten; however, they are produced on the same line as our products
that do contain gluten. Although the lines are washed between batches, a
slight residue may remain on the lines. Individuals who are extremely
sensitive may be affected.

summary:

44 people said they have been fine with either friotos,  lays plain chips
or stax  (7 of those people consider themselves to be very sensitive to
small amounts of gluten)

4 people said they have had reactions  to either friots or lays ruffles
1 person had 4 differnet reactions  to low fat ruffles (from 4 differnet
bags) this past summer.

4 people had reactions to something and the chips were one of the things
they were suspicious of

5 people recommended UTZ chips

thanks again!

*******