ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Chipmunks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2007 23:57:24 +0200
sir, are you saying it is wrong to be straight? JJesus was "come and
see". God is "come and see". I find it terrible if it oght to be
necessary to be walled in among God's people. I was burned with some
of that sort of thing in a church too being told by the minister to
just smile. And i am not advocating wearing one's feelings on one's
sleeves constantly but if the church is not the place for God's
people to come and see then I would not know where and how they can
be. A mentor-friend sometimes quotes a minister saying "act like you
want to feel and you will feel it" and i hthink there is wisdom to
those words but I do not believe this always works nor that it ought
to have to. How is the church, the body of believers, supposed to
minister to and encourage one another if they each hide behind pasted
on smiles?

I like the concept of the safe places groups but i have never
encountered any, not locally anyway. Our room is a little like that
and that is the one place I feel safe being when I don't feel up to
par but even there I sometimes clamp up and get stuck inside the Ice Palace.

Cheers,

Doris