ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2007 14:25:08 -0600
A preacher here in Colorado was raised a Baptist, born again at the age of
eight, graduated from high school but after spending 13 months in the
Vietnam war, felt the Lord calling him to ministry.  He never went to
college or seminary.  He is Charismatic now but not your typical type.  He
is weirder, come to think of it.  He has quite a large radio and TV ministry
now.  Anyhow, he was pastoring his first very small church.  So small, they
were only meeting in homes at the time.  His wife had just given birth to
their first child and they were literally penniless.  He was driving home
from the hospital one night to go back to his in law's home where they were
staying but he was almost out of gas.  Just as a gas station came up, he
heard a voice say, "Pull in and fill up your tank."  The preacher tried to
protest because he didn't have a penny in his pocket.  He pulled in, and as
he was pumping gas into his car, he was saying, "How am I going to pay for
this."  A car pulled in behind him and a man got out and said, "Hi there
preacher.  Great seeing you.  How are things"  This was not a member of his
church but just someone he knew in town.  The preacher said, "Oh, things are
great.  My wife and I just had a baby boy."  "A baby!" the man exclaimed.
"That is wonderful.  He pulled out some bills and shoved them in the
preachers hand and said.  ""Congratulations, brother, and tell your wife
hello for me," and got back in his car and drove away.  The preacher paid
for his gas and drove home.

Phil.