From:
Jerry Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jerry Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2007 17:39:24 -0500

The following is a reply to my inquiry regarding Kellogg's Dry Cereal

Thank you for contacting us concerning the malt flavor in our products.
We appreciate your interest in our company and products.

The malt flavoring used in the formulation of various Kellogg products
is produced by a natural malt process from barley and corn. Since malt
flavoring contains barley, the malt flavoring contains gluten and may
not be acceptable for people who are sensitive to gluten.

Kellogg's Corn Flakes®, Kellogg’s® Corn Flake Crumbs, Kellogg's
Frosted Flakes®, Rice Krispies®, Cocoa Krispies™, Crispix®, and
Tony’s Cinnamon Crunchers™ all contain malt flavoring but do not contain
wheat ingredients.  This information should serve as a guide to you and
your physician or dietitian in selecting products which are acceptable
for your dietary requirements.

Again, thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to
respond to your questions and thank you for incorporating Kellogg
products into your diet to meet your nutritional goals.

Sincerely,

Rosetta Alvarado
Consumer Affairs Department

4RMA/OPS