ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 24 Jun 2007 11:26:12 -0600
You aren't around any Poison Oak, Sumac or Ivy are you? Sometimes just the
pollen of it blowing in the air will cause folks to break out.  For
anyone's future use, I ran into some Poison Sumac last year which I've
never before been allergic to those kind of plants, and it about drove me
out of my skull with itching and then burning and etc.  After trying every
thing  over the counter for such rashes and even tried Tee tree  which
helped a little for a few minutes, I finally got on the net and looked up
natural remedies and found the Impatient plant is used for such things.
There are many Impatient plant varieties, and we didn't live in the African
jungle or anything but we happen to have a few garden variety Impatient
house plants out on the deck that  gladly  gave their life for the rash. We
boiled them up, the whole plant,  I rubbed a pretty hot compress of it,
basically washed my legs with it and within minutes the itching was gone,
burning was gone and in hours the red marks and dots were starting to go
away. Amazing how God has his own drug store right in our own back yards :).

Brad