From:
Lora Steiner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lora Steiner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Sep 2007 11:58:35 -0400

Dear friends,

This request came via a Facebook celiac group, and with Marion's permission,
I'm forwarding it on to you. Can any of you help her out with good vacation
recommendations for New York or Florida? Please do not reply to this email,
just send it straight to Marion at [log in to unmask] Thanks!
Guys I need your help. I've been looking forward all year to our holiday to
Florida & Bahamas in November - now this happened only last week:  When it
came to making the reservations with www.special-t-travel.com I asked for
glutenfree foods. Straight away: impossible. I emailed again and got the
option of an appartment with kitchen in the resort, but on the cruise
there'll be a buffet. So I again explained celiac disease as an incurable
auto-immune disease requiring gluten-free diet for life to Karen. What
happened next made me speechless - and people knowing me wouldn't believe
that possible: I was dismissed and ridiculed in a sneery tone of voice by
her comment: There's a buffet with salads for YOU dieters! there's no
glucose in that!

Needless to say I've asked for a full refund...

I still want to go to the US - where is a good travel company / place to go
/ website that lists gluten-free friendly establishments? Florida/New York
Thanks!

Marion Stromer