From:
Joyce Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joyce Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2007 19:59:57 -0800

Hi there:

I have visited many, many support group websites and find that many of
you have calendars scheduled a year in advance (way to go!!).  My
question has to do with getting speakers.  Do you have a list of
resource people to whom you send out an invitation to speak? Do you
suggest a topic or ask them to come up with their own?  If you have a
letter that is sent out, would you be interested in sharing that with
me.  I find that it is difficult to talk to doctors directly and office
staff seem busy as well, but I'm trying to find the best way ask for
their participation.

Even if you cannot answer these questions but would be available to
answer other "faciliatator" type questions, I'd really appreciate
hearing from you.  I currently facilitate a ROCK support group and have
done so for over a year.  I would love to have a calendar made up in
advance to eliminate the scurrying and last minute stresses that pulling
these together at the last minute brings.

Thanks in advance!
Joyce in southern Oregon