From:
Melissa Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Melissa Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2007 10:32:58 -0600

Back when Krispy Kreme was all the rage, I went to a newly opened franchise
and stood in line for 20 minutes, watching the doughnuts made, etc. and gave
my husband my free sample doughnut.  By the end of the 20 minutes, my joints
were all achy, which at the time was my only recognized reaction to wheat,
and still is my first sign of contamination (I hadn't yet been diagnosed
with CD at the time, but was on a wheat free diet).  I have a mild wheat
allergy, a 2 by scratch tests, in addition to CD, so I'm not sure if it was
a reaction to wheat or gluten, but it was caused just by what was in the
air.

It would also be possible for trace amounts of flour to get stuck in your
nose, then eventually swallowed.  Whenever I'm exposed to air where flour
has been used, I make sure to blow my nose asap, or better yet use a
sinucleanse/neti pot to rinse it out.

-Melissa