From:
Karen Cadiz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karen Cadiz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2007 20:27:22 -0400

I would like to hear anyone's experience of being only IgG positive and
being diagnosed with celiac. I have a teen who seems to be getting skinnier
every day. His recent bloodwork showed an increase by two points in Gliadin
Ab IgG only-being at 15(11-17=equivocal).
He has quite a history of symptoms over the years from ear infections, an
"allergy cough", alternating constipation/diarrhea and unexplained periods
of throwing up. Doctors finally told me to just keep a bottle of Imodium in
the house. I would say his worse symptom has been his behavior. He is a
gifted student but very oppositional and not very social-having no close
friends. I can understand him, being very much the same type of child but
hate seeing him dig his own hole and knowing what his adult years could be
like if he keeps up this way.
I am going to follow up with his gastro soon as he first dismissed us on the
last visit saying teens don't stick to the diet very well! It would be nice
to say that I know of several people who have been through the same type of
situation.
Thank you!
Karen