From:
Jackie Rich <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jackie Rich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2007 08:51:06 -0700

Hi all -
Don't make the mistake we did.  Our daughter is suffering from what
appears to gastric reflux.  She was prescribed sucralfat which sounds
great in principal as it primarily protects the stomach and
stimulates the secretion of mucus and other natural protective
factors of stomach acid.

I checked out my archives on this list (I save relevant emails) and
it was recommended as a good old fashioned way to address an acidic
stomach... BUT we just read the package leaflet (found on the
internet) and it says that the suspension  contains wheat starch and
should not be administered to patients with gluten enteropathy.  Our
daughter was taking sucralfate (the pills) but said she was getting
gluten contamination symptoms, which for her are gurgling gut and
painful joints, which is why we researched it further.

I have been unable to find a manufacturer to contact to ask whether
the pills also contain wheat.

So we are back to the drawing board.  Any suggestions?  We can't see
a gastroenterologist until August or September unless we go to an
emergency room.  She has tried taking enzymes, HCL, probiotics...
nothing relieves the pain which seems to be getting worse.

Jackie in AZ