From:
Sue Foss <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 6 May 2007 11:34:00 -0700

Hi Listmates,

Thank you for all of your wisdom regarding fibromyalgia. I don't
agree or disagree--I am just passing on information. The summary
follows:
Possible fibromyalgia triggers:

·      Food sensitivities often mentioned: nightshades, e.g.
potatoes, tomatoes—see www.noarthritis.com; red meat, dairy, wine,
coffee, gluten, sugar

·      leaky gut

·      chemical sensitivities lymphatic congestion/toxin overload,
fungus, bacteria The following web site has ideas on this
relationship: http://www.drlowe.com/

·      low thyroid

stress

Treatments:

low dose antidepressants,
exercise including stretching
Guaifenesin The website www.fibromyalgiatreatment.com explains Dr.
St. Armand's treatment.  The pain increases for the first 3-4 weeks
and then seems to get better but this is another life-time
adjustment.  The book "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About
Fibromyalgia" goes into all of this.
Digestive enzymes
thyroid treatment  (see Dr. Ken Blanchard's book, What Your Doctor
May Not Tell You About Hypothyroidism)
Daily allergy pill (one person uses Actifed; I use Claritin)
Avoid reactive foods
Adrenal support such as IsoCort (naturopath prescribed)
Sleep
Massage
Acupuncture

Reading recommendations:

Taking Control of TMJ by Robert O. Uppgaard.  There is a chapter that
deals with Fibromyalgia; Fibromyalgia
Chronic Myofascial Pain Syndrome: A Survival Manual by D. Starlanyl
and M.E. Copeland.
·        Jacob Teitelbaum, MD:  From Fatigued to Fantastic; and Pain-
Free 1 -2 -3