From:
Ellen Allard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ellen Allard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 2007 07:10:53 -0800

A few weeks ago, I posted about what I thought (and still think) was a gluten incident at a conference I attended in England (based on my severe reaction and another Celiac's reaction). This happened after my first gluten-free year of being really compliant, feeling GREAT and bringing my TTG number down to normal. A few weeks later, I'm just starting to feel normal when I eat a very rich chocolate dessert (this past Saturday) and my entire system goes nuts. The reaction was similar to the one I had in England, minus the puking (sorry to be so graphic). I made the dessert at home with what I thought were all GF ingredients (Ghiradelli chocolate, the large chunks you buy at Trader Joe's wrapped in cellophane, eggs, butter, vanilla). Since Saturday night, I've had terrible reflux - I've never had this before. I just spoke to my GI doc and he thinks I have post-infectious irritiable bowel syndrome and wants me to begin taking prevacid.

  The website www.earthclinic.com strongly recommends using an apple cider vinegar cocktail for reflux etc.

  I'm wondering what my friends at this listserve think. What has your experience been with prevacid? Have you used anything else instead of prevacid? Has anyone used apple cider vinegar, crazy as it sounds? Has anyone been diagnosed with post-infectious irritiable bowel syndrome?

  Gentle responses will be most appreciated:).

Regards, Ellen
  http://iamglutenfree.blogspot.com/