From:
Paleo Phil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2007 14:50:43 -0400
Marilyn Harris:
> Diet though, is the best protector of your teeth. Society shouldn't
> have to
> add what may be a potentially dangerous additive to our water in an
> effort
> to prevent an already preventable disease. Although I guess that may be
> an
> unrealistic view since our current dietary habits aren't about to
> dramatically change anytime soon.
>
> Marilyn

You're right, diets aren't going to change dramatically for the better
anytime soon, and even if people were willing to make the change, nature
doesn't have the capacity to feed everyone Paleo foods (as Ray Audette and
Loren Cordain freely admit--except possibly if insects become a major part
of the human diet), so fluoride intake will likely be sub-par for some time
to come.

For anyone who's interested in reading the pro-fluoride-supplementation side
of the story, read the story of a man who grew up in a community that did
NOT supplement the water with fluoride in this letter (that I linked to
earlier):

Michael Goforth: Give the children gift of health
By MICHAEL GOFORTH
columnist
January 28, 2007
http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/opinion_columnists/article/0,2821,TCP_24463_530803
8,00.html

...and then contrast that story with this story of a man who grew up in a
town with water that had natural levels of fluoride far higher than the
maximum levels of fluoride-supplemented water:

Debate about fluoride in water goes on
December 17, 2006
http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:6CCIzhuSb-IJ:www.tcpalm.com/tcp/news_col
umnists/article/0,2820,TCP_24522_5270413,00.html+%22Debate+about+fluoride+in
+water+goes+on&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us