C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Elizabeth Thiers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2006 10:03:05 -0400
I'm curious what do you do for a living?  Are you working in a new setting?
I do find that there is a patronizing attitude toward folks with
disabilities in many settings.  To add to what Kat said, with parents, there
is almost a subtle (or perhaps not so subtle) fear their child will end up
like you.  So many parents still want the disability to just suddenly
disappear (thus all the sham treatments for many disabilities).

Beth t. the OT