From:
Lou Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2007 14:14:02 -0500
Hi.

For those of you who do not watch such things closely, on February 28,
Freedom Scientific released an update to JAWS 8.0 to fix a number of
problems and to put out a public beta for Windows Vista.

I don't have Windows Vista, or a machine with enough horsepower to run it
decently, so I'm not going there, but after being pretty critical about the
last couple of releases of JAWS, I thought it was important and only fair
to take a moment to say that I think they finally got it right.

In particular, I am seeing that they have fixed some things that they
apparently broke in Outlook 2003 and Internet Explorer 6.  If you've been
having trouble on the Internet with JAWS 8.0 and you haven't checked for
updates in the last week and a half, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised
at how JAWS is working with Internet Explorer again.

I tried it initially at work and liked what I saw well enough to go home
and pull down the update for my home computer as well.

73, de Lou K2LKK

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]