From:
T Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2007 12:16:10 -0500
    Hi, all.

I have a ham friend who wants me to join Q S O dot Net, as a way for us to
keep in touch this summer when the XYL and I are traveling across country in
our new motor home.

I know that this is a virtual HF transceiver kind of thing, and, therefore,
is very different from Echo-link.  I also know that the service is run by
some folks in Canada, and that it costs money to become a member and use the
virtual HF station.

But, that's the extent of my knowledge.

Has anyone ever tried this service?  Is it blind friendly for those of us
who use Jaws?

Are there any problems with it I should be aware of?

I simply don't want to invest the time in getting things installed, and
spend the money for the service, if it's going to create more problems than
it might be worth.

I keep telling my friend that a far easier way for us to go might be good
old HF, but so far, even though he's an Extra class operator, he seems
fascinated with the more modern-day computer-based methods.

Thanks, and 73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ, Big Rappids, MI