From:
Marilyn Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jan 2008 13:40:46 -0500
I have started adding organic cacoa powder in my coffee too and then very
recently got the bright idea of adding cinnamon. I bought some sticks,
ground them to a powder, mixed it in with my ground organic cacao powder
batch and planned to add some to my coffee every day. I made a cup today and
then after a few minutes noticed a rather unattractive sludge developing at
the bottom of the cup which could be stirred up with a spoon. Yuck. I think
that the cinnamon stick powder (which by itself, tastes fabulous - sweet and
so cinnamony) exudes something. It has the texture similar to what comes out
of flax seeds or phsyllium. It is better to eat the cinnamon dry. It's a
good thing I didn't make too big a batch of this cocao/cinnamon mixure.

Another little thing I have been doing is adding kelp to my diet and using
it as a salt substituion. I bought a bag of dried dulse/kelp recently and
grind them in a coffee grinder and then use a pinch now and again in
everything I cook even adding ii on top of avocados in my salad.

Marilyn