Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2008 18:24:38 -0700
JK Gatto wrote:
> william <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> You Can Help Stop Global Warming!
>>

> Nonsense.
> Agreed. Does man really believe he can alter the entire planet by what he does or doesn't do, whether it be cars, cows, or consumption? Such horsepucky and monumental ego.

I'm certain that man CAN effect the entire planet.  All it would take is
a nuclear war or even some engineered volcanic eruptions.  Large
sections of the planet are being altered.  Nevertheless, if man's rise
from the paleolithic to the neolithic had been delayed by 20,000 years
and we were all still hunter gathers, I believe that global warming
would still be taking place.  It's either the sun or the section of
galactic space that the sun is currently traveling through and it's
affecting the sun/solar weather.

The Heliosphere is Tilted - implications for the 'Galactic weather
forecast'?
http://www.spacetelescope.org/news/html/heic9911.html

> This is pure power politics and a huge deep pocket for taxes and other extortions. We are bloody ants on the planet in comparison to the overall picture.  Oliva

I agree it is primarily power plays.

--

Steve - [log in to unmask]

Take World's Smallest Political Quiz at
http://www.theadvocates.org/quiz.html

"If a thousand old beliefs were ruined on our march
to truth we must still march on." --Stopford Brooke