Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2007 12:12:33 -0400
On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 09:54:01 -0400, Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> "Approximately 6 percent to 10 percent of early humans were preyed upon,
> according to evidence such as teeth marks on bones, talon marks on
> skulls and holes in a fossil cranium into which saber-tooth cat fangs
> fit."  http://record.wustl.edu/news/page/normal/4777.html
>
> We may question the main hypothesis of Sussman's book, that early
> hominids weren't much as hunters, but the evidence that they were preyed
> upon has been acknowledged by many.

Sussman uses a different definition of the word "human" than I.->
"Since the process of human evolution is so long and varied, Sussman and
Hart decided to focus their research on one specific species,
Australopithecus afarensis, which lived between 5 million and 2.5 million
years ago and is one of the better-known early human species."

  "These early humans simply couldn't eat meat. If they couldn't eat meat,
why would they hunt?"

They were ape-men. Not even all of the race of man qualifies as human, for
example the peak of neolithic devolution: G.W. Bush.

  Once again, all wild
> mammals are killed by parasites, infectious disease, predation,
> exposure, and so on.

Evidence is needed to support that sweeping statement. Please quote
whatever applies to paleoman.

William