From:
Kathryn Rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2007 13:13:56 -0600
I have a LONG article re. heavy metals in the atmosphere of the U.S. and the dangers of living downstream from sources.   It also talks about ways to protect oneself by chelating the metals out of our bodies via cilantro, ALA, iodine, chlorella...   Also references to fluoride.

Fish oil is a good source of ALA, supplements are not usually good due to the very short amt. of time the ALA remains viable.  Cilantro is a plant found in most U.S. supermarkets...often used in Mexican dishes.  A source of chlorella is algae (I think I'm right on this; pls. correct me if I'm wrong).  And iodine....  I buy it at the pharmacy or supermarket, "paint" it on my belly (whereever you have the most fat); if my body has enough iodine the red stain will remain for a day or two, if my body needs iodine it will suck it up in a couple of hours.  I'm drawing a blank re. food sources of iodine....  shell fish?

If anyone is interested in reading the article, I will be happy to forward the email to them.

Kath