C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2007 12:45:43 -0400
I have to ask, KJP, why a nursing home and not the place you called
Cornerstone?  They are two different places, aren't they?  Didn't Social
Services provide an attendent to assist you at home? What happened to that
arrangement?  Couldn't someone come and stay with you while they were on
vacation?

Do your parents now think you need more care than Cornerstone can provide?
They must be getting worried about what will happen when they die, which is
inevitable.

I know these are a lot of questions -- sorry! -- but I'm wondering if you
need to move to a bigger city to get the services you want before your
parents die. (I know you and your family live in a small town).  If you
wait until then, it might be too late to assume any control of your life.

Kat