C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Linda Macaulay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2007 11:18:33 -0400
Just got this via email from Towson University (Maryland).  I am
actually on campus Thursdays so I might just have to go check out the
opening reception.  It's been a good long time since Dan has posted
here on the list.

MFA Thesis Exhibition: Dan Keplinger- In Whose Words?

MFA THESIS EXHIBITION
DAN KEPLINGER: IN WHOSE WORDS?
Center for the Arts, Holtzman MFA Gallery
Friday, October 5- Saturday, October 27
Opening Reception: Thursday, October 4, 7:30 - 9 p.m.
Gallery Hours: Tuesday- Saturday, 11 a.m.- 4 p.m.
Artist Dan Keplinger, was born with Cerebral Palsy. He says of his
work, “I include images of my wheelchair and other objects that help
me through life because they are a major part of my daily life. I
morph these images of my body to create my own vocabulary. However,
these pieces are about much more than my disability. Obstacles and
challenges are a universal part of the human condition. We all face
them in everyday life, although, we have a choice as to how to deal
with them. Many of us are likely to get discouraged during difficult
times in our lives. In my work I hope to show everybody that they
have the ability to persevere.”
Admission is free.