C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Hunsberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2007 22:42:41 -0500
On 9/20/07, ken barber <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> well peter, i do not think that anything i give you is
> going to be enough. you have your mind made up and
> there is nothing wrong with that, it just means than
> anything i give you is not sufficent.

Ken, I work in scientific research, I'm a skeptic by nature (given the
opportunity I'll probably argue with myself).  The reason I'm willing
to spend some time on this debate is because I really do want to know
on what you are basing your opinions.  Dr. Spencer wrote his paper 10
years ago, there's been a lot of research since then that basically
shows it probably isn't true, and as I point out even now, 10 years
later, he doesn't attempt to say it contradicts global warming.  So
when I say "try again" I'm not being flippant, I really do want you to
understand where your opinions come from.  They seem very strongly
rooted,but they contradict most of what I understand about global
warming.

> your opinion is
> just as valubale as everyone elses. you are in the
> majority.

I'm really not trying to give my opinion.  Instead I'm trying to point
towards the research. Every body has opinions.  Few people seem
willing to spend the time trying to validate them.

--
Peter Hunsberger