C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ken barber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2006 18:41:23 -0700
   yes, i have just today saw on cnn a story that had
an ireali woman that had just went out to shop and
lost a leg to one of the rockets. on the otherside is
others being maimed. on that side of the border it is
hard to know if a terrorist has been killed or a
civilian who was just in the wrong place since
hezbolah does not wear uniforms. they store their ammo
in peoples houses and pretty much disperse into the
general population, but, i am sure there are civilians
that are just in the wrong place just like the people
in isreal that are just in the wrong place when one of
those rockets hits.
   i have been watching what happens in isreal and
thus the middle east since before the 1967 war. i
guess my opinions have formed slowly and if they
change they will change slowly. it just seems that
every cease fire has eventually been broken. and when
they eventually cease fire again it will just last
long enough for the groups like hezbolah to re-arm (or
be re-armed is more like it) then another cease fire
will be broken. and on it will go.
   i do beleive it will end. but i shall not got into
why.

http://www.hrw.org/english/docs/2006/07/18/lebano13760.htm

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/001/161yaih=

http://digg.com/world_news/Hezbollah_s_Dangerous_Ball_Bearings

> [...]
> > embattled country.
> >=20
> > "If you have somebody in the line of fire, how
> > productive can you be?" said Semaan, who studies a
> > specialized engineering field called experimental
> > turbulence.
> >=20
> > Semaan's parents and his older brother last week
> > fled the Beirut suburbs for the mountains after
> food
> > and water became scarce and a bomb exploded
> nearby.
> > They're betting Israel won't target the rural,
> > Christian area, he said.
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> > "Something must go terribly, terribly wrong to be
> > hit there," Semaan said.
> >=20
> > Contact with his mother, a retired teacher, and
> his
> > father, a retired accountant, has been spotty
> since
> > the move. He said Israeli forces have attacked
> > communication towers, and the family's rented
> > apartment has no telephone service.
> >=20
> > However, Semaan regularly discusses the war with
> > friends in Lebanon who say they feel helpless
> > against the bombardment. Semaan struggles with
> > conflicting emotions as he watches coverage of
> > Israeli warplanes pummeling his country.
> >=20
> > "I can't tell you I wish I was there -- I'll be in
> > the line of danger," Semaan said. "But at the same
> > time, for some reason I'm wishing I was there."
> >=20
> > Semaan is no stranger to war. He's too young to
> > remember the 1982 Israeli invasion of Lebanon, but
> > his family suffered major losses in the subsequent
> > civil wars that made Beirut a poster child for
> > Middle East violence in the 1990s.
> >=20
> > "Our house got totally destroyed in that war,"
> > Semaan said. "It was burned to the ground, and we
> > virtually lost everything there, and we had to
> > rebuild.
> >=20
> > "From that experience, I can relate to what's
> > happening now. It's a big tragedy."
> >=20
> > Semaan was vacationing in Lebanon a day before
> > Hezbollah guerillas kidnapped two Israeli
> soldiers.
> > Within hours, Israeli forces unleashed a nearly
> > relentless assault on Lebanon that has killed
> > roughly 400 Lebanese, most of them civilians, and
> > displaced more than 500,000, according to wire
> > reports. Hezbollah continues to shell parts of
> > northern Israel in retaliation.
> >=20
> > Semaan said Hezbollah made a strategic mistake by
> > snatching the soldiers, and now the Lebanese
> people
> > are being "collectively punished" for its actions.
> > The proof, he said, is the targets Israel is

=== message truncated ===