From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2007 15:46:14 -0400
Roy,

I've also used Digipan with limited success.
   The problem is getting jaws to read the incoming text properly.   It
wants to  repeat the entire line as each new word is added.

"Hello, my name is Steve" will come out as:

Hello
Hello my
Hello my name
 Hello my name is
 Hello my name  is Steve.

 Drives you nuts and  the other guy is  long finished his tx and jaws is
still droning on.

Something that will sometimes work to fix this is to go into Digipan's font
menu and change the font type, style, and then set the size to a large
number.  Something over 24 has sometimes worked.   Even if I am lucky enough
to find a combo of settings that works,  I can't reproduce it the next time
I run the program.   Frustrating.

Another free download is Digitalk hby KH6TY.  It's a psk program for the
blind and uses it's own voice, but the voice is poor quality.   The program
is very basic and has limited features and although I find it cumbersome to
use, it does work.  In my case, due to  windows and driver updates,
somewhere along the line it will no longer run on my pc and crashes when
started.

You may have better success with either of these programs.  One nice thing
about them both is that  they use the left and right arrow keys to jump to
the next signal to decode.   A sighted ham would use the mouse to click on
a signal  on the screen.

I've not been happy with  my attempts at psk, so I limit my digital work to
RTTY, where I've had much better success.

73, Steve KW3A