Date:
Fri, 25 May 2007 10:38:52 -0400
PL tones are always a problem when traveling.  If you know ahead of time
what the tones are you can just change when you change repeaters.  If you
don't know the tone but you catch the repeater busy you can try doing a
tone scan.  If you are really lucky you might be able to hear one of the
hams on the input, then you can try to call him direct (once the repeater
stops transmitting) and ask him the tone, or find another local repeater
with no tone and try to call up someone to give you the tone for the other
repeaters in the area.
73, Ken -N5SWR