From:
Kevin Nathan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2007 21:07:33 -0800
The solution described is one method.  However, there may be a more
important problem.  Are you using the MJ-88 to adapt the MC-60 cable to the
480?  If so, you need to know that Kenwood, for some reason known only to
themselves, reversed the mic and chassis grounds in the 480 from any other
rig they sell.  If you can take your MJ-88 to someone who can do the RJ-45
crimp on connectors, have them remove the original, reverse pins 3 and 5 in
terms of wire connections, and crimp on a new one.  This will probably
eliminate the problem or you may also need to try the grounding idea.
Between the two you should be through with the RFI.

Good luck and very 73.

Kevin :)
Amateur Radio:  K7RX