Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2007 21:09:05 -0500
Matt,

Before you criticize, please note that usability is often in the eyes of the
beholder and what access program they are most familiar with.  If I judged your
comments based on the screen access solution, I'd say Window Eyes doesn't have a
grammar or spellchecker.

Jaws works better than Window Eyes in Microsoft Office, at least until Window
Eyes 6.  Jaws has worked with MSN Messenger and Aim for years.  Unfortunately,
because it is scripted, sometimes you need to get scripts updated when new
versions of a program come out.  But, in general, there are programs that you
can configure Jaws to work with which you can't do with Window Eyes, because
Jaws gives you tools to do this.

As for your comment that Jaws does not have a separate hidden cursor, you are
obviously uninformed.  Not only is there a Jaws cursor, there also is the
invisible cursor.

I do commend Window Eyes for seemingly being a bit more stable, and also for
having a more responsive tech support department.  But, that doesn't change the
facts that if you are working, until recently, Jaws was the only way you could
access most of the features of the office suite.
Steve, K8SP