From:
Gery Gaubert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2006 13:47:13 -0600
You know, I have been reading this thread since Friday.  I made 2 or 3
comments in regards to it also.  I usually don't read all messages in a
thread but I did in this case.  Everyone seems to have his or her
beliefs and I respect that.  I sincerely hope that it isn't the great
divide of mateur operators.  It is more important than ever for us to
stick together and encourage good radio practices.  In some cases it is
easier for us than it was in the past but isn't that what life is all
about.  I remember stories that my grandfather told me.  He had it
really hard.  My dad had it a little easier and so on.  Yes some
youngsters don't appreciate what they have but don't group all yourng
into 1 group and say they don't appreciate anything.  My son is 16 and
he appreciates what he has.  I am trying to teach him even at 16 to
appreciate what you have, work hard and give thanks to god.  I think he
will be alright as will the future of ham radio.  I know I will do what
ever I can to make amateur radio interesting rewarding, and dducational
for as many people as I can.