Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2008 10:55:19 -0700
gale >   Told a friend the other day that I actually feel a little bit guilty about my diet/weight loss.  I've spent the entirety of my life trying to lose weight.  I've tried just about everything - including extensive exercise programs.  Now I'm simply eating paleo, not counting calories, not worrying about anything, and haven't been able to get to the gym (working two jobs) and I'm losing weight every week.  The guilt comes from the sense that I'm benefiting without actually doing the work.

I can absolutely sympathize with this.  It's like cheating, like a shortcut no one else knows about.  Similar story.  I am 41 years old.  I ran cross country in high school and early college and set for myself a goal of running my old race distance of 5K at a 7 minute a mile pace.  I only have about three hours a week to devote to this work, so I've chosen to run Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.  Paleo has allowed me to go from about a 9 minute per mile pace for the 5K a year ago down to about 7:30 a mile now.  I'm eating all I want.  I don't worry about "carb loading" or any other such nonsense.  And I'm only running three times a week for an hour each time including warm up, running, cool down, showering.  And I'm running circles around most of the poor slobs who slog it out daily for hour after hour.  I almost feel guilty sometimes.

Jim Swayze
www.fireholecanyon.com