C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 2008 16:00:02 -0600
7bit
From:
Peter Hunsberger <[log in to unmask]>
On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 2:34 PM, Meir Weiss <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> It is a very good question
>
> Medicine has evolved to such an extent to extend life
>
> The question becomes
>
>  once someone  initiates ANY artifical life saving modern drugs // or what
> have you
>

> Who thinks they are god because  this soul in this young mans body is too
> expensive to maintain?.
>
>  One is then commited to allow the life to continue no human pulling any
> plugs
>
> =====================
>
> With that: it is profound and scary
>
> And this is where a dayan is critical ly necessary

Afraid I don't buy into this line of reasoning.  If I did, I'd also
have to believe the converse: that we should not be allowed to play
God and decide to extend life in the first place.  If we don't have
the right to pull the plug on the respirator then we don't have the
right to put anybody on the respirator....???

--
Peter Hunsberger