GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ABDOUKARIM SANNEH <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2006 15:30:43 +0100
My Brother Abdoulie
  With respect, anyone who want to see the end of Yaya Jammeh's criminalisation of our state machinery is happy with the fragility of the coalition but the oportunism among our ranks of one element of the coalition against another will make re-grouping every difficult. Many see the problem in tribal dimention but I solely blame the element of PPP who have came into the coalition with unrealistic vision. It was there divisive politic which lead to the unfortunate events of July 1994 and they extended that division blindly in NADD coalition. For example OJJallow whose involving in NADD was not order than a picture frame. Mr Jallow's involvement is very insignificant. He was not available at the time when his service is needed.I have more respect for him as an individual but was disappionted when they were using all medium to undermind the leadership contest revealing confidential NADD information which suppose to be classify informations as a Government in waiting. Any
 individual following the history of fragility of NADD will agree with me that sensational journalist is the attribution of the break down of that coalition.

BambaLaye <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Toma:

Yes, majority of those who decided to stay away from the polls are mainly
disillusioned by the break-up of the united opposition. Likewise a
majority of the elite middle class in Gambia had long since resigned to
the notion that Jammeh cannot be removed by the ballot. Some of those
people gained a hint of confidence when NADD was formed and were ready to
revive their wits against their preconceived resignation to the whims of
Jammeh and the A(F)PRC; that all just melted away when Ousainou decided to
pull UDP out.

Well, this is what democracy is all about. It is the voice of those who
participated that matters at the end of the day even if their decision is
the worst for the majority.

Thanks and enjoy your day.

--
-BambaLaye