From:
Cecilia McNeil <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cecilia McNeil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2007 16:55:24 -0600

There is a company out there selling bread from this bakery.  I was told it was Gluten Free made from Millet.  ........Now this statement is on the website of the company who is selling the bread.

"These products are produced using spelt flour (an ancient greain).  Spelt flour is known to be well tolerated by persons suffering from celiac condition and others with sensitivity to wheat and/or gluten.  It is always best to consult with your doctor regarding the consumption of spelt flour."

This was not disclosed when I ordered bread.  I was told the disclaimer on the label was because of Florida Law which I thought was kind of strange. Since it said Contains: Wheat & yeast.  The sellers of this product said Florida Law required any products produced in the same facility as wheat products had to say that.  DeLand Bakery is not the seller I purchased from.  Buyer be Ware!  Don't do as I have. I was wondering why I was having some minor problems.  I chalked it up to my crohns.  But no matter what anyone has told you SPELT IS WHEAT.  The seller is calling this Gluten Free Bread.

Cecilia, TX