From:
Darcie French <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Darcie French <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2007 08:27:19 -0700

I went GF 10 weeks ago now with almost 100% improvement in all my symptoms
from fibromyalgia to diahrea, depression, insomnia, fatigue, neuropathies (I
still get tingling in my hands, that's probably permanent though it still
may be related to a vitamin deficiency from years of malabsorption- I could
still have low ferritin but I do not feel anemic anymore at all)
constipation, gas/bloating and swollen small bowel. in ten weeks I have gone
from half-dead to more alive, alert and excited about life than I have been
since I was probably 6 years old.

I still had gas and bloating initially going GF, but that virtually
disappeared when I was down to about a tsp of refined sugar in tea. I also
have been eating about a cup of natural yogurt with active cultures daily,
which may have helped in that regard too. I still have some gas when I eat
gasseous foods.. but it's normal, it goes through me and comes out like it
should, doesn't get hung up inside.

The only thing I have left along with the tingling hands is very restless
legs at night sometimes, but I link that to overworking at the gym (I'm
addicted to exercise now :). I don't know for sure if my small bowel
inflamation is gone, but I can't feel it by pressing on it anymore.

To summarize my miracle cure, this is what I did in a nutshell:

First went GF
Added a B complex and Cal-mag to regular iron supplements
Continued with small ball body rolling- I have been doing this for years and
it has saved my life in terms of muscle pain and spinal alignment- seems to
help move the toxins out of muscle faster and adjust the spine
Then started organic whole foods, eliminated everything processed including
GF flours/ goodies
Cut out all meds except for an antidepressent
Added the natural yogurt with active cultures
Added regualr exercise to tolerance - now am up to sometimes 2 hours at a
time at the gym doing cardio and weights
Then eliminated coffee
Then almost eliminated refined sugar

I've lost almost 25 lbs, it is melting off of me- gosh I wonder how many
obese people are addicted to gluten and would have the weight melt off once
they stopped. I have half a mind to email the folks at Brookhaven and tell
them my story. At first, the withdrawal was awful. I felt like a heroin
addict might without my 'fix'. Had horrible anxiety and no appetite for
about 3 weeks. My system felt turned upside down and inside out.

I seem to be able to eat processed GF flours now though, and small amounts
of sugar without any problems. I also did not investigate any further food
intolerances other than eliminating anything processed or with refined
sugars. Going whole foods and sugar/additive free while the disease process
was beginning to reverse seemed to be the trick there. I fully expect to be
able to eat some things still in moderation, just won't touch gluten again
of course.

Then, the improvement started in leaps and bounds.. and here I am :)

Thanks to everyone on this list, you have all been such amazing supports.

With love,
Darcie

36 y/o virtually cured of almost all CD and fibro symptoms in 10 weeks