From:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lin Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2007 19:13:40 -0500

Sharing a recipe that came out delicious. (I have no connection to Thai Kitchen products, except as a consumer.)  I'll often use one of their products...but I'll add whatever I have in my frig.

Tonight, I used their Original Pad Thai. And I really wanted to use up cooked turkey breast that was still in my freezer from Thanksgiving. It took about 15 minutes to defrost the turkey (maybe a pound) in the microwave (covered, on half-power or 5). While it was doing this, I followed the directions on the box for cooking the noodles.

Then, I heated olive oil in large pan (just enough to coat the bottom--can add more if needed) and sautéed
a large onion (sliced up),
a pack of fresh mushrooms (sliced up),
3 cloves of garlic (smushed and diced),
and a 10 oz package of fresh brussel sprouts (sliced).
Optional salt and pepper. (I used more salt and pepper than I usually do because the brussel sprouts seemed particularly strong tonight and needed it.)
When the vegetables looked like they were just getting soft, not overcooked, I stirred in the turkey (cut into chunks) and the noodles, and the sauce that comes from the box. Mix well and serve.

I omit the bean sprouts and peanuts suggested on the box, due to family food issues.

Since the meat and vegetables that I added was considerably more than the amounts the recipe on the box suggests, this became dinner for four instead of dinner for 2.