Date:
Tue, 1 May 2007 14:23:02 -0500

Since we've opened our new retail bakeshop and foodery (4747 Nicollet
Ave S, Minneapolis, MN), I discovered people just want the simple
things of life.  A good chocolate chip cookie or a piece of carrot
cake or pumpkin pie topped with whipped cream or a bowl of
meatballs..... food that keeps us smiling.

But, then there are those that enjoy something a little special like
our parmesan asparagus quiche or our wild blueberry pie or chocolate
truffle pie.

Whether it is simple or special, the one thing that we've discovered
is on the top of most gluten-free eaters list is the bread.  Good
grief people love their bread.  We have a sandwich bread, a cinnamon
raisin bread, burger buns, hot dog buns, and cheese rolls that don't
even get comfortable in their bread basket before they are snapped
up.  The bad part is there is nothing left for ME!  I love bread too.

Our frozen pizzas still tops our best seller list along with our
signature product, tea cakes.  We've taken to giving free tea cakes
to the delivery guys when they pick up our orders to be shipped
across the country.   They really want to encourage you all to order
more at our online store (www.madwomanfoods.com) so they can visit
our plant  more frequently.

I will be at the Rock Walk on May 19th at Victoria, Minnesota, giving
out samples and enjoying the beautiful Spring weather.

Our first attempt at gluten-free cookies n' cream ice cream was a bit
of a comedy skit.  I bought the ice cream batch freezer used and our
first batch end up on the floor as the gaskets leaked.  I've ordered
more parts and we'll try again.  The good part is it actually did
make ice cream.  I'm hoping with the new parts the ice cream will
stay in the machine and off my floor.

Have a wonderful May!

Bren
Madwoman Foods