From:
Victor Jacobs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Victor Jacobs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Feb 2007 10:28:00 -0600

Hey all you Southern Celiacs.......Have you had any luck with making
a roux with rice flour?   I failed miserably after several attempts.

Today I had a brainstorm about sorghum flour, and it browned
beautifully, smoked up the house just like it should and is the color
of milk chocolate, ....just the way it should be.

  Now I can't wait to use it in a good gumbo or jambalaya and see if
it will thicken.  If not I'll use it as roux then thicken with
cornstarch.
Any suggestions welcome.

Hope this works.   Thanks to all in the past who've helped me out.

Thanks for letting me know about Entero Labs.  I just got back a
positive gene test, after some negative blood work.  Now I can
officially alert the family members to possible problems.

Looking forward to spring in Missouri after a hard long winter.   Beth