Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2007 09:38:52 -0600

We've spent over a year researching and studying the connection to
gluten contamination and oats.  Since we were organic farmers, we are
well aware of the problems with crop rotation and harvesting when
dealing with food allergies.  I am very sensitive to gluten and tried
regular oats once and had a terrible reaction.  I suspect they were
contaminated.  Oats themselves are not the problem.  It's the farming
and processing techniques that create the contamination.

We have ordered the GF certified oats and I have had no reaction to
them.  We ran an Elisa test on them and they passed.  We've talked to
the farmer who produces and processes them.  We've concluded they are
absolutely safe.  In fact, we decided to sell the Gluten Free Oats in
our new store and will be making oatmeal cookies.

I applaud the farmers who have taken up this challenge to produce
gluten-free oats.  Remember, it's not the oats themselves.  It's the
process that gets them a bad name.  I think it is important to
support these pioneers in agriculture who have taken on this
challenge to provide us with oats.  It costs them more to grow and
process the oats so they took a risk to make this happen.

Bren
Madwoman Foods
www.madwomanfoods.com