THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 11 May 1997 08:59:01 -0400
Hi Cherise,

First let me say that I think you have a beautiful name.

Yes, I reacted immediately to each new level of meds and after less than a
week began to feel hypo again.  My doctor did not believe me--despite
acknowledging overt symptoms like yellowish skin, dry hair, etc.

I have a rather long, complicated story because during that time  while I was
trying to find a doctor who believed me (lucky you) I was put on HRT.  I
reacted very badly to it and quit taking it after four months.  This really
messed me up ---menopause and thyroid.

I switched to ARmour (although back again to synthroid for a short while) and
it helped but I still am not really ok.  I feel part of this is vestiges of
menopause.

In short, I'm not really where I want to be but am just buying time until I'm
a bit more past these meno symptms since they mimic thyroid so much.

Eventually I want to go in and have a battery of tests such as all the
thyroid that are not typically run (TRH, free T3) and test for adrenal
problems, etc.  I'm compiling a list of notes from  this mailing list and the
thyroid newsgroup.

I'm very interested in the fact that you see doctors at a university medical
school and they are willing to let you work with your meds.  That is so
atypical of the paternalistc, dogmatic approach most of us experience with
endos.  I have been unable to find an endo who will work with me.  I'm seeing
a g.p.  I like her but would prefer to see an endo.

Let us know how you are doing now.  Do you want to say what med school?

Zee