THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rhonda Lea Kirk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 10 May 1997 07:44:03 -0400
>Have you received any explanation about that?  I sure want to find out why
>this happens.  When I tell people this is happening they look at me like I
am
>crazy

When a person exercises, he or she builds muscle. Muscle weighs more than
fat; it also increases size (inches). Also, you must be careful not to eat
more just because you're exercising, and you must keep track of everything
that goes in your mouth.

I kept telling everyone that I wasn't eating a damned thing, but when I
actually kept track of all the food I was eating, it was adequate to maintain
my weight, and some days to put weight on me. Since April 1st, I have kept
track of every single thing I eat (calories), and I consume no more than 1200
calories each day (and generally no less, because that's not good either).
Based on this consumption, my body weight and my general lifestyle, I can
expect to lose (after the inital water weight loss) approximately 6 pounds
each month. This morning the scale told me that since April 1st, I've lost
about 13 pounds (some of that being water). I have 10 pounds left, and I
believe I will have achieved my goal by June 30. If I were to add one half
hour of walking each day, I could probably cut that time in half.

Rhonda Lea Kirk