THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Betsy Polglase <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 1997 14:49:07 +0000
Hi, Judy,

>It seems that a
>lot of women are diagnosed with hypothyroidism when they reach menopause
>age, or enter into peri-menopause.
>
>Is there a known reason why this would be so?

Don't know, but my Hashimoto's thyroiditis (low thyroid) condition
manifested itself within months of having both my uterus and ovaries removed
for medical reasons.

I, too, would be interested in the answer to this question. I know that is
male dogs, hypothyroidism is much more common in neutered males.

Betsy
<Betsy [log in to unmask]>