From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Nov 2007 12:23:29 -0400
tray.b wrote:
> As
> far as is known, gluten does not make its way into the flesh of a grain-fed
> animal.  Milk?  Perhaps.it does with humans.  But most grain-fed cattle,
> anyway, aren't fed wheat or gluten grains.

The grass of grass-fed ruminants would include the seeds at the top of
the stalks in any case, at least when the grass is mature.  Those
grains, which are a completely natural part of the animal's diet, would
contain gliadin/gluten.  So if the premise is that an animal must have a
completely gluten-free diet for its meat to be gluten-free (which I very
much doubt) then grass-fed animals couldn't be counted on to be provide
gluten-free meat.  As you say, feedlot cattle tend to be "finished" on
corn and soy meal.

Todd Moody