From:
Carrie Coineandubh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2007 17:30:50 -0800
> Date:    Wed, 7 Mar 2007 10:44:30 -0800
> From:    "C. Kuni" <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: acid / alkaline
>
> Do paleo-dieters need to worry about pH balance?

*** The body maintains homeostasis as long as the kidneys and endocrine
system are functioning and adequate levels of minerals and electrolytes are
being consumed. I don't doubt that following the regimen described in that
article brings about vast health improvements for the , but I think there
are alternate explanations for why that is so. For example, all junk foods
are classified as "acid-forming", along with cola and meat. I'll agree that
eliminating cola and junk foods is a good idea, but I don't classify meat in
the same category as processed foods. If you look at the handy chart, you
might notice a preponderance of paleo foods (fruits and veggies) in the
supposed alkaline section, and a preponderance of non-paleo foods (grains,
soy, sugar and artificial sweeteners) in the acid section. Meats are the
exception, but if you cut out all the other bad stuff...

Looking at the Social Readjustment Rating Schedule, I see that I'm in
imminent danger of illness. My mortgage is considerably higher than $10K.

--Carrie, off to have a glass of (non-paleo) wine. Ut oh. Is that an acid
food? I don't see it on the list!