VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynn Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lynn Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Sep 2005 00:46:11 -0400
Hello Ron and other interested parties:

How To Unblock A Sender

You will need to get to the blocked senders list:

1. From the In Box, press Alt -T for Tools followed by R for Rules.
2. You will be presented with 3 choices. Use the arrow keys to select
Blocked Senders List, press Enter.
3. You will be placed in a list box. Use the arrow keys to select the
address you wish to remove.
4 Now tabover  to choose remove and press Enter.
5. Last Tab to Ok and press Enter

I found this info on the following web page:
http://www.accessible-devices.com/block.html

For those folks who want to know how to block senders, here is the low down.
After all if you wnat to unblock ,you will neeed to block them first.

Block Or Unblock Sender In Outlook Express
The following instructions will allow you to deal with annoying senders.
Note: Following these instructions, does not prevent the message from being
downloaded, it merely moves it immediately to the Deleted items folder. From
this point on, you no longer need to deal with that particular sender.

How To Block A Sender
1. Select the message exactly the way you would if you were going to open
it.

2. Use Alt-M, as in mailto open the Mail menu.
3. Press the letter S as in send.

You will be asked to confirm this action, press Enter on yes. You will than
be asked if you want to delete this particular message. Press Enter on Yes.
From now on all messages from this sender will go directly to the Deleted
items folder, without you even seeing them.

Now for your second question.

Here comes the bad news. If you want to frustrate yourself even more than
you are now over spam then by all means block away.  I am getting spam
wanting me to buy a Rolex watch. Each time I get this spam it is from a
different sender. Spammers switch to different headers each time so they
will be harder to track.  By the end of the year you will have so
many-blocked spam in your blocked senders list it want be funny. And you
have done little or no good for yourself.

The Feds can only go after the spammer who is spamming on U. S. soil.

The federal government wants your spam. Yes you heard me right. I guess they
want to monitor how that can spam act, that was passed a few years ago is
working. NOT! Yes I send each and every piece of spam to the Feds. And yes I
get just as much as I ever did. If you want to help me out and let the Feds
know how they are doing in the spam war here are two email addresses.

If you get spammed use this address:

Federal Trade Commission       [log in to unmask]

If you believe the spam to be a scam use this address:

419 Nigeria Scam         [log in to unmask]

Yes I know I can be long winded at times. I can get rabid when it comes to
computer security and email eddiket.