From:
William Hornkohl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2007 09:09:46 -0500
I have a HP DV4223cl (P/N EH472UA) notebook computer. It came with Quickplay
installed and working. After doing some research I read that I could
reinstall Quickplay if I formatted the hard drive and lost the partition
that Quickplay was in. I shouldn't have but I deleted the Quickplay
partition and now when I follow the directions for reinstalling it I get an
error message that says

Installation stopped due to unsupported system detected or insufficient HDD
space. Please check your system.

There must be something that is telling it that it is an unsupported system.
In control panel under Disk Management I show that I have (C:) 92.15 GB NTFS
Healthy (System) followed by 1.01 GB Unallocated.  I loaded a fresh install
of XP Home (disks that came with the notebook) and I ran the Application and
driver DVD and that all goes in fine. I get the error message when I boot up
with the Quickplay installation disk. It's Quickplay version 1.1 so it
should only need 220 MB so I know that is not the problem. I've talked to HP
support but they can't seem to figure out why it won't install. I have found
a few references in newsgroups where people have had this problem but I
can't seem to find out if or how they got it to install. Anybody have any
advice? Anyone know how it determines if it is a supported system?

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com